Thursday, April 30, 2020

Sewing....

Trying to squeeze a little sewing in every now and then.
Finished 2 more tops...

The top one, the majority was made from fabric that my new blogging friend Jocelyn sent to me. The navy, some white stripes and border are from fabrics she mailed to me. The rest of the fabrics were leftovers from backings of other quilts. Thank you Jocelyn!

This one also was made from leftover scraps. Note to self... do not try to sew with a ‘foggy’ mind after taking a sinus pill. This quilt gave me a fit! I have made it before but these stripes were not my friend yesterday. I trimmed them even, so I thought... turned it the other way and trimmed... nope... finally had to call Mark in to help me. Needless to say it now has a 10” border. Good this I used extra wide backing on previous quilt I quilted. It made the ideal size for QOV and that’s all that matters and it looks awesome. 
Kelly brought me a bag of small cucumbers and asked me to make some pickles...

Mmmm.mmmmm...mmmm. Bread and butter pickles. Small jar I gave to neighbor for helping us tear down the ‘dog run’ in back yard. 1 jar went to Kelly and 1 for us. Can’t wait till we get cucumbers in garden, much more to be made. Scrumptious!
I have to clean up the house with everything that came out of my closet, re stack all those quilts, clean up my sewing room and load a quilt on the machine.
That is on the agenda for today. I told myself I had to do this if I want to see if Joann’s on the list to open tomorrow cross your fingers. Now if Hobby Lobby would decide to open back up, I would really be a happy camper!

1 comment: