Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Taco Tuesday...

Boy do I miss my Taco Tuesday’s...
So today... I found out that the local fabric store was open...yippee!
Sandy and I ventured on down... had to call ahead... they were not letting no more than 6 people in at a time... we were the only ones there anyways.
Loaded up on a couple fabrics to keep me busy for a couple more weeks and checked out the sale room. Can’t beat $5 a yard fabrics. 
Finished this guy today... 
This was the free sew along from Edyta Sitar, Laundry Baskets. For 15 days straight, she gave a different clue and we ended up with this beauty!
I have all my kits that are ready to go sew on a cart.  I picked 1 kit from my cart to sew up and here it is.

It’s a zippered pouch, can’t see the zipper from this angle. I HATE zippers with a passion... I have to admit, I un-sewed 3 times! It is lined if that makes it harder, I have no idea. It’s done, and 1 less thing off the cart. I did take another quilt kit off the cart also, read the directions and it is ready to be cut up.
Here is the quilt I long armed for Sandy, she finished the binding yesterday.




So that’s it for now... tomorrow we are meeting up with Stacy, the Quilts of Valor lady, in Brookshire’s parking lot. I have 5 finished quilts to give her, and she is getting me a roll of batting, more labels, kits and backings. 
I can’t believe the amount of people that say they are soooo bored... not here, I have no time to be bored. Between the yards, garden, house projects, the sewing room.... I need help to stay a float. I also take like 3 walks a day with dog to keep her from getting bored. 
I am also on a mission to use up everything in my freezer, so I’m trying out different recipes also. 


No comments: