Sunday, June 21, 2020

It’s Father’s Day...

So happy Father’s Day to all the men out there...
I don’t think I have one of Steven and Mark... I’m sure if I looked hard enough through all the THOUSANDS of pictures, I’d find one... Oh well. That’s a lot of pictures.
We’ve still been busy here... made an arbor... I didn’t have the stain they used on rest of the fence, I used up what we had (got rid of 2 more cans, like 20 more to go) it’s going to be sun faded and covered up by the end of summer... so. I went with it. If I bought it online, it would come in a different color also...
Had left over wood and something was needed. Really can’t see it in this picture, but we have come out numerous times and the neighbors are standing in their garbage, looking at us in our yard. I know we have a really cute back yard, and it’s not finished but still...
So I’m going to plant a Passion flower vine all along here... hopefully it will take out some of there view. It’s not like we have 6’ in between our houses like in CA, it’s a good distance... I just want to cover it up. They are really nice people and all, but I guess I’m weird. 
Then I tried my hand at canning... oh boy... this is a whole new world and could be a costly hobby.
Last year my neighbor gave me this jam.... OH MY GOSH.... I fell in love. Have eaten like 4 jars this year and then we decided to make another batch up. It’s scrumptious!!!! Now I have my own 4 jars. Super easy also. 



Then since my tomatoes are going crazy... I made tomato soup. My friend made some in CA and it was good, so i tried it. I used my jars and tomatoes and her canning items. It’s good, but sweet. I even cut down on the sugar it called for, so I’ll decrease it again if I make more. I cut the recipe in half so maybe I screwed up on my part. 
It is very time consuming. Not sure I’ll do it again. 
That’s it for now... doing odds and ends getting ready for bath re model.... gathering all parts and pieces for that. 





1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

You are busy, busy, busy.