Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Barn quilt block...

It’s a quilt block, but not going up on a barn. It’s hanging at my front door. Whipped this baby up yesterday. I’ve been wanting to do one, and I had to keep my mind busy as I was furious about my machine breaking. So, here it is. 
Also finished up a QOV... trying to use up the scraps I have.... so I just used a pattern I have already made. I have 5 others that still need quilting but my machine is going to see Dr. Handi-Quilter tomorrow. I have been nursing it a long, and it finally just had had enough today and stopped.  I also have 3 
more quilt kits all cut up and ready to piece up. 

Had a co worker from California, that now lives here in Texas come stay and visit for a girls trip.

Bonnie...Bonnie... we had a fun couple of days. We did the whole tour guide visit but it was SO not the same as it would have been a couple months ago. 

Most things were open, but it was A GHOST TOWN. I told her she had to come back another time to get the full effect of what the Silos are all about. It was really sad!
So we went home, BBQ’d, had adult beverages, played cards and stayed up late just talking and catching up on the last year! I can’t believe it’s been over a year, pretty much 2 years since we had seen each other.
Today, Mark and I explored the Wetlands which is literally right down the street. Like 3 minutes away. We had always said, we need to do this... What a hidden gem! 
It was hot, I had my hair up, I was sweaty.... but we took a selfie anyways.  Oh well.... very rarely do I do them. 




No comments: