Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Oldie...

My sister in law was given this quilt by her cousin when she went back to Connecticut. It was quilted by my husbands Uncle John. 
Boy, oh boy.. I do not know the history of this or dates. I have asked for that info and haven’t heard back yet. Not sure if this was his first quilt or last. We have star, 1/2 of basket of flowers, haha. It’s just crazy. Look at all the zig zag stitching.





And the binding. It feels like he took a tent apart and cut strips and sewed them on. Then we have the back.... looks almost like a sheet.
As soon as I get the info on the quilt, I am going to make a label so everyone in the future will know the information. I have about 3 others made by my husbands grandma and great grandma and I’m going to make labels for all of them all so I can document them for my kids and their kids.

No comments: