Friday, November 13, 2020

Garden ready....

I have a wonderful winter garden going this year. We had a couple of low temps at night for a few days and it  made me get a head start on getting the garden ready for winter.


I have 3 short beds, spring mix, baby carrots, kale, broccoli, 3 types of lettuce, cucumbers, butternut squash, spinach and strawberries with a dwarf pomegranate tree at end. All of this is on this side.


This side has 2 tomatoes and yellow onions and then in the back bed, which I don’t have a picture has 6 different peppers, a different/another type of broccoli and  2 ‘visitor’ tomatoes. 
I used PVC pipe and this plastic drop cloths, which are a little heavier and all the clamps I could find to hold them on.
I still need to find something to cover my Manderine Orange tree until it gets accustomed to the weather out here. Most likely just for this winter. 
I have the greenhouse all ready to go just have to put the heater in when needed. So pretty much all plants have been taken care of. They are all loving this cooler weather for sure.