Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Moda Blockheads 2...

Is still going on, but I am done! Finished. I did 37 weeks of it and I am over it. Week 38, was a ‘doozy’ is what a lot of the designers called it and I wasn’t about to tackle it. Those 6’ blocks... those 1”, 1 1/2” pieces of material... I just can’t do them anymore. There is still like 10 more weeks of it.. yuck!
So I put together what I had, still have a few straggler blocks, but I’m good with it.



My go to batting is Hobbs 80/20. When I first started quilting, everything was quilted with Warm & Natural at the long arm until I discovered Hobbs. I had always been told that there is a top and bottom to this batting and I believe it now. Black Friday sale, I had a 70% off coupon for Joann’s, so I bought a roll of batting, wishing I didn’t now. Looking at the back of the quilt, there are little batting spots all over. They all washed out I’m glad to say, but just look at them. Looks bad. I think that those spots were caused by me loading the batting upsides down. I have also read on a Facebook page that Warm and Natural is really bad for your long arm machine and NOT to use it. Well, I paid a lot of money on that batting and I just can’t let it sit there.... so, I’ll use it up and won’t buy anymore. I hope that’s what caused that mess, not sure what else it could be. Well find out on the next quilt if it does it again or not. Maybe it’s the needle also... maybe it needs to be changed... I’ll do that too!

Woo-Hoo! Another UFO bites the dust!

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

I like the Hobbs 80/20 as well. The quilts drape really nicely. But even better I love the poly-down. So silky feeling!

M