Monday, November 5, 2018

Head over Heels...

I fell in love with this one when I saw it on Instagram. 
Thought it would go together quickly, but... it really isn’t.  
The navy dots is pretty much is easy..

This one, not so much... it’s pretty tricky. Looks like it would.. but the stripes... eek!
I’ve done a lot of un-stitching... maybe I’m just not focused. 4 down, 26 to go! And 1 mistake block I’ll use for the label. Haha. 
The floral I got for the back is just scrumptious.. can’t wait!
Then as I was doing it... I took a break and looked at Instagram.  Stitchsupplyco was looking for donations of heart blocks in 2 sizes  (cluck cluck sew pattern) donated  in Girl Scout green colors  for the families of the tragic Girls Scout accident. They are looking into making 4 quilts for the families of the girls. So, I stopped everything and unpacked fabric to make these. 
I had 2 pieces, this one with the stars and then a plain piece that was a little boring. So I did a couple extra. 3, 5 1/2” and 2, 10 1\2” (unfinished). Breaks my heart.






1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

Frog Stitching. I call it Frog Stitching...because I can Rip-It, Rip-It, Rip-It. Sometimes I get to do a LOT of Frog-Stitching. On the SAME block. Or the SAME row. it will be cute when you get it done.

M