Monday, November 12, 2018

Busy weekend...

At the last minute, I decided to go to Houston. Wasn’t sure if it would work. If I brought Mark with me, who would watch our dog. If I was in a pinch Kelly could but not my first option. If I brought Kelly, then who would watch her dogs? Hmmm.. Mark is not really their favorite person. So I have a neighbor friend that does rag quilts and was up for a field trip. 
We left Friday morning, got there about 11:30 thanks to wonderful Houston traffic and road construction. 
This picture is just 1/4 of the vendors... there was a whole other half of the building of just quilts. Over 1500 quilts on display and I believe they said the same for vendors. 
Had an awesome time. 







There is no way I could post all the quilts i like, but here are a few.




After 7 hours of walking we needed drinks and food! Almost 6 miles were walked! Bought lots of items, rulers, quilt kits, fabric, thread... a whole bunch of stuff! Phew!
My neighbor is already talking of plans for next year and staying more than 1 day! She loved it and was overwhelmed ..We had a blast!!




No comments: