Thursday, June 13, 2019

Cutter quilts...

I went to a garage sale and spied these 3 quilts thrown on a chair. Asked how much, he said $3.00. Sold! I didn’t know what shape they were in, but I felt I had to rescue this poor Grandma’s quilts. I’m sure she has been long gone for a while and these ‘kids’ don’t know just how precious these are. I washed, pre treated the stains..... and nothing. At least the stink is gone though.
Wellll......
Not sure that can be done. Here they are drying after being washed.

This one, with all these half square triangles...Grandma had hanging on display somewhere. She must have run out of blue triangles and used white down at the bottom. It has a piece of Velcro along the entire top of quilt. It’s the best of shape out of all of them.

This one, not sure there is one square that’s in good shape. Either has a stain or rip in each block. But also, hand stitched throughout. There’s no binding on it either. Just sewn and kinda tucked under. Weird. 


This is beyond hope. It’s made from feed sacks, beyond repair.  Stains and rips, tears, just plain worn out,  hand sewn and frankly I don’t know what to do with it. It’s like a flag, you just can’t throw it out! So I don’t know what I’ll do. Any suggestions?? Maybe hold on to them and use as cutter quilts for other projects. Not sure... But at least I rescued them from the bottom of someone’s garage floor!

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

Make vintage appearing Teddy Bears. Maybe?