Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Star Crossed...

By Primitive Gatherings.
Is THEE most ASININE pattern EVER!
The directions are just plain ridiculous. There is no sense to the cutting of this pattern what so ever. It literally took me 3 days to try to figure out what/where/who she was doing when she wrote these directions. I checked Lisa’s page to see if there were any corrections and there was not. I think that’s what got my vertigo going out of control. Standing there with my head bent down for 3 days, trying to make sense. I’m still dizzy!


I bought it as a kit, and I swear I have at least 5 yds of fabric left over. I could make 3 more quilts from the leftovers. 



Here are 40/42 blocks all cut out ready to sew and all that fabric in picture above is left over. Can’t really see it, but at least a quarter/half yard of each print sits there. There are 30 different prints.
This was the sample block that I had to play with to make sure everything was gonna turn out.



My head is not into sewing these, but if I don’t, it will NEVER get done. So here I go... 


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Many years ago, while on our honeymoon, I purchased a kit for a table runner. The directions made absolutely no sense, but I loved the fabric and kept trying to figure it out.

At the point of almost throwing it in the trash I decided to just look at the pictures. Following the pictures the entire process was a breeze.

Some people just cannot express themselves clearly with words.

Your quilt will look beautiful when it is completed.