Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Baby quilt is done...

A co-worker is having a grand baby boy due in a couple of months and asked me if I would make a quilt for him. Daughter in law picked “woodland theme” to decorate the baby’s room.
She is an older friend, so I sat down with her and looked on Etsy and found some material to what she described. She picked it out, then I bought it for her.
She said she would pay me for everything. Materials, time and quilting.
I agreed, knowing that she has no idea what all goes into making and quilting a quilt.
11 hours later, plus material.. she has a quilt. There is no way I am going to charge her and if I was, she would be flabbergasted at how much it would really cost. She is the sweetest friend. Amazes me that people think we can just “whip” these up and the cost is not very much. If they only knew!
And the softest backing EVER!








2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very generous of you. And you are sew right that a non-sewer/quilter, craftsman of all types have no idea of the cost to create.

momtofatdogs said...

They never know! Ever...

M