Tuesday, February 13, 2018

UFO...

While packing, I came across a hand project that I started many, many years ago. Perfect timing.. I was looking for a hand project to do at night.
Thinking back... this was my FIRST hand stitch project to my knowledge. I only know that because the first block I found, needs to be redone. I took it to the “wool shop” in Temecula where I bought it and showed her and I remember asking her... what in the heck did I do wrong”? I believe her name was Rose... that shop has been closed about 3 years now.
There are a couple that could use a re-do, but I don’t have any more of the sticky stuff to print on.
It’s really neat stuff. You just put it in copier and it print the pattern on it. No more tracing. Then, when done, washes off with HOT water. I don’t want to buy a new package just for 1 square.
Here’s the square I’m working on now.
Here’s the ones I finished..
Don’t look too close, the ones that need to be re-done are on top and up close.
2 more to do..
And then there is one on ironing board ready to be pressed. Accomplished to finish a UFO that I didn’t know I had. That is the only one. I have MANY kits to do, but they don’t count as a  UFO because I haven’t even started them yet.
I have a new project to do after this, “Vintage Tin”, I just need to order some antique muslin. Maybe I need to make a trip to Primitive Gatherings.  darn!
I am also looking for yo-yo’s. I am planning on doing a quilt called “yoyoville” and it calls for a lot of yo-yo’s. Like 100’s! I have made some, but don’t want to make that many.






1 comment:

Audrey said...

wow what will you come up with next!! very cool!