Friday, February 16, 2018

Feathered star....

Did a sample block for a feathered star quilt I’m gonna be doing.
Here is the name of the pattern...
Here is what it’s gonna look like...
Here is the practice block I did...
It KICKED MY BUTT! I know how to do paper piecing. I’ve done a at least 4 quilts that way. I have no idea why this was so difficult. Took me almost 4 hours to do this one block! I believe this finishes at 12”. Not sure of what colors I’m going to do this quilt up as, I will have to see what I have the most of in my stash. 
I have a friend who lives out of state, her and I are going to do this together. Maybe a block every 2-3 weeks or so. I sure hope they get easier as I go.


2 comments:

Audrey said...

you can do it chickadee!!!!

momtofatdogs said...

I am so intimidated with this pattern!!!