Friday, January 26, 2018

Vintage Farm Girl...

Finished piecing this Lori Holt pattern this past summer...just now quilted her up, gave her binding and a good wash.

I had actually started putting the blocks together myself and got bored. Then a friend asked if I wanted to do a block a week with her, I said sure. Then it was 2, 3, 4 blocks and before we knew it we were done. It’s always fun to share your blocks as you go along with someone.
Added some Ric-rac to the sew on binding that I do every once in a while.
Hint.... purchase the ric-rac in 1 piece. Don’t buy the packages. Tricky trying to piece them together to make a perfect fit.

Did a fun piecing of fabrics on the back so I didn’t have to purchase extra fabric. All the blocks were done with scrap fabric. I was able to do it because blocks are small and pieces even smaller.

4 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

It looks beautiful! Do you want to quilt mine? I may have to try the rick rack in the binding.

Jacqueline said...

really cute and thanks for the tips.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Great hints !!😂