Sunday, January 28, 2018

On Ringo Lake...

Bonnie Hunter’s mystery blocks. I was all good, keeping up with all the clues, then she slammed us with like 4 clues in 1 week. Overwhelming. I know I didn’t have to do it all at once, I knew I could take my time, but wow! Not me.. had to go with it. I like to do scrappy quilts every once in a while just to keep my scraps under control. I didn’t buy any of the fabric in this quilt, used what I had. And I don’t have a lot of fabric at all. Very little compared to what other quilters I know have. I was scrounging at the end. Big time. 
Here is my version..
I am so done with it! Those stupid sashing’s! They killed me. I know there are a lot not going the right way, but I wasn’t gonna undo them. 
Then the cornerstones. For some reason some came out the right size and then others, the wrong size. I ran out of some of the colors and had to add colors just to fill in.
Then since I was running short on fabric choices, I had to make it smaller. It’s 60x76. I used the extra blocks I made in the backing. Again, used what I had and it pieced up quite nice. I’ll wait to show you the back till it’s quilted. It’s pretty cute. At least it was as 10:30 last night.
When cleaning up, I discovered my box of red and white/tan scraps are overflowing. So, I’m thinking my next scrap quilt is going to be a scrappy, red, white/tan snowball quilt from Temecula Valley quilt shop. She has a sew along going on and I’m gonna go for it. That should knock those scraps out real good!



2 comments:

FabricandFlowers said...

Your Ringo looks great. Congrats on finishing!

Audrey said...

looks great!!!