Friday, July 22, 2016

Goodwill finds..

I am busy today, de-boning about 25 shirts.
Found out yesterday, by chance that at Goodwill, at least near me, has a special on Thursday's. Whatever the color for the day is on Thursday, all items are $1.00. 
Also.... Look at the cute scissors! Harbor Freight...$1.99! Bought 2 pairs, came home and spray painted the handles... Super cute! And really sharp too!
So.....I loaded up in shirtings and got a couple of wool jackets also.
My plan is to make this quilt from Fons and Porter.
I figure if Bonnie Hunter can make quilts from recycled shirts, so can I. 

3 comments:

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I love that pattern! Do you know the name of it--I'd like to find a copy.

paulette said...

I'm with you in the shirt department! One of my all time favourite quilts was a Dresden quilt made out of men's blue shirts...absolutely gorgeous! On the reverse side was stars! I wasn't sure which side I liked better! Score on your your purchases...they will be perfect to make this quilt!

Jocelyn said...

I love a good thrift store find. Unfortunately, our Goodwill NEVER has any sales. No color day, no senior day, nothing. And the prices keep going UP! Guess it depends on your area, as I have been in Goodwill in other states, and see they have specials.