Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Memory quilt...

I think I'm safe to post now. 2 of the 5 gifts were given. The 2 top gifts.
Kelly (dd), her best friend, more like a sister, Kim... Her father passed away end of November. This is Kelly's Texas family to her...
So, she brought home 8 shirts I think it was. I should have taken a pic of them before we cut them up. 
In 6 days we made ALL of these.
2 quilts... 1 for Mom, Terri...
And 1 for Kim, since she is like a sister, and because she watched the dog while Kelly was here in Calif.

I love stars... But I could wait a while before I sew anymore..
And the label.. each point is from each shirt...

Then, for Rick and the other Kelly... Kim's brother & sister..

Table toppers... 4 of them...There is also one for Mom and Kim also...look at the labels! I found these on inside of the shirts... We just added the dates..The dry cleaner labeled them. They made the perfect little label!
Then there is the grand kids...

They each got a memory block...
And the label on them... I took a pocket off a shirt and put it in the corner! Super cute!
The background, binding and backing are the only fabrics I added... Everything else is from his shirts. I had to do the sew on binding because we were on a time crunch. I love the look of this binding anyways! Otherwise I would have did it by hand.
She arrived in Texas this evening and gave Kim & Terri their quilts... They were in tears! Mission accomplished !

2 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful!!! And Amazing that you accomplished all that in six days! I'm inspired to get started on a memory quilt for my dear friend after seeing your post. You did beautiful work and I'm sure the receivers of these gifts will treasure them!

moosecraft said...

Absolutely awesome! Well worth the "sweat"!;-)