Sunday, March 23, 2014

4th x's a charm...

I wrote this blog 3 x's yesterday and every time I was just about done, blogger just closed out..grrrrr
So... Here goes again..
I dragged Mark down to LaMesa yesterday to the Country Loft Quilt Store. They are clearing out the majority of their fabrics. They are keeping the wool part/kits and fabric that goes with, but everything else is 35%off and patterns are buy 1 get 1 free. (Not JoAnn's)
I was shown their newest block of the month a while ago and it didn't WOW me, but when I saw it hanging, quilted and finished..OH MY!!!
I LOVE IT!



It's so different! Not seasonal like they usually are, and I just LOVE it! Kinda on the high side $$ for a BOM. But what the hell...so I splurged! Happy Birthday to me!!
Look up close... The little sheepies... The quilting... I love it!



I have the first 2 mos already... Woo Hoo!
Also came home with enough fabric for 2 backings, (which I'll use now) and like 4 yards of other materials. This making a stash is all new to me. I have Never, EVER had extra fabric to choose from. It's kinda scaring me. I'm under pressure now to use it all.. I don't think I like it.

1 comment:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

That BOM is adorable. Good for you for treating yourself! I am really surprised they are not going to carry fabric anymore. The Country Loft was my favorite shop when I lived in San Diego and I still bought things after moving away...