Saturday, January 5, 2013

Diet Coke Brownies??!!

I personnally have not tried these yet, but I plan on it... Sounds like it would work. Someone try it and let me know...
These came from a blog called www.auntpegsrecipebox.blogspot.com and she says it works..

Diet Coke Brownies



THE POST TITLE IS TRUE!
I MADE BROWNIE'S USING DIET COKE!
Now think about it...2 fabulous, delicious, (necessary) items brought together, and as impossible as it seems, made even better!!
I found this recipe at Every Mile a Memory, and when I read the post I almost fell off my chair. I thought this was an impossible recipe, that it was a hoax, that it was an early April Fools day trick, but hey, I will try anything once, so....
TO DIE FOR!
Diet Coke Brownies
1 box fudge brownie mix ( I used the 9 x 13 pan size)
1 (12 oz.) can Diet Coke
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl dump the brownie mix in. Open that can of Diet Coke (try not to drink any of it), and slowly pour over the dry brownie mix. It will foam up a lot. I stopped to stir in the soda a couple of times.

When all of the Diet Coke has been stirred in and well incorporated the batter will be very liquid, but that's OK.
Pour into a 9 x 13 pan which has been lightly coated with non-stick spray (bottom of the pan only),and bake for 30-35 minutes or as directed on the box. I found though that I had to increase the baking time by about 7 minutes in order to have a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean
Let them cool, cut them into 24 pieces and try not to eat the entire pan before the family gets home!

I have also made this recipe using the low fat boxed brownie mix, and I'm not kidding, you can't tell the difference!
Using the low fat mix, and cutting into 24 equal pieces, each brownie is 105 calories, and 0.5 grams fat.
OH MY!

No comments: