Tuesday, April 6, 2010

kitchen re-do's..

I have the most boring kitchen cabinets. Oak! yuck! I eventually want to paint the island an off- white, add some bead board and some corner moulding, and distress it. Oh, I can't wait! That is my summer project.
So I put my order into the "Mark Depot" and asked him if he could re-do my cabinet. He took off the doors, put a plate rack beneath, shortened the cabinet doors and then put glass inside. LOVE IT!

He did the one over the fridge first. This was a useless cabinet as Marian says, I copied the idea from her house. Now I love it also.

This one was useless too. Only had about 9" on each side of the vent pipe, now it houses some of my cookbooks. And now they all match!

2 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

"Mark Depot" that's too cute.

that Knock Off Wood site has a
tutorial on there for distressing wood.

I LIKE your kitchen cabinets.........that's what we put in our kitchen , in Alabama, when we remodeled our kitchen.

then we moved.

M

bettyp said...

He did a great job !! I think you have a great idea for the cabinets!!