Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Neighbor quilt...

Woke up today and decided to finish off the quilt for the neighbor.
3 hours in, she texted me and asked for a picture of it.  That’s weird, how’d she know I was working on it. Turns out, her father-in-law took a turn for the worst and her husband was getting on a plane at 6:00 tomorrow morning.  She just needed a picture to show her mother-in-law on what was coming her way.  Told her don’t worry about it, it WILL be done by tonight. 


It is extra long.  He is a tall gentleman and that’s what she wanted. It looks awkward to me but oh well. 
Measures 43x73...
Since I was pinched for time, this evening after I finished it up,  I ran down the street to whip up a label. Our computer is on the fritz and didn’t have time to mess with it. Sandy to the rescue!

I truely don’t like my name on there so big but I was over ruled. These were all the things she wanted on there.


Can barely see it, but there is a dotted line from Virginia to Texas with a button around each city.


Washed it up... I wanted to wash it so if it turned pink from that RED backing, I could fix it. I used ‘orvis’ (I swear by this soap) and 5 color catchers. She bought all the fabric and  it was all lower quality fabric from Joann’s. Not my choice at all. That many were not needed at all. Color catchers were a light pink. Shocking!!

So that’s done... now onto the next project.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

So sweet and thoughtful.