Saturday, December 30, 2017

Mad sewing...

My daughter Kelly came out on December 22nd, late. My son and his family were due to come out on the 28th. So... my daughter needed to make a memorial quilt and other items for her Texas family for their mom that had passed away just recently. We had to finish up shopping, wrapping, cooking AND all the quilting/sewing and all that good stuff BEFORE they got here for the reason is that my long arm machine shares my grandsons bedroom. We were like working our butts off trying to do it all. I put in 2, 8-10 hour days and 2, 1/2 Days of sewing. 
This is what we did.



This blocks of this quilt were made from her shirts that her daughter picked out. There was a bright floral one that I couldn’t figure out how to fit it in, so I did 4 blocks and put 1 in each corner. Her daughter also mentioned she loved leopard prints, so..... that made the border.
Each of the siblings got a table runner...



The backings for these were from her shirts also.
Then each of the grand kids received a square, almost like a pot holder size.



They all have a label and they all have something to remember her by.
Then we had a few extra blocks and made a quick table runner just for the heck of it.






And there we have it! Phew... made it just in time!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

even more beautiful up close and in person. Great job!!!