Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fun day....

We'll it a sewing say here. Too hot to work in the yard... About 104+
I started seeing the squares..


I have a gazillion to do... They belong to hubby's dad who passed away a couple years ago now. He brought 3 BOXES of shirts home and asked if I could make a quilt for him.. Sure, buts that's an awful lot of shirts I said... And also 3 more.. 1 for ea of the other siblings... Oh my goodness..I can't say no, but does he not realize just what goes into 1 quilt, let a lone 4!!!! So, I have been procrastinating on doing this. I started out good... Took me at least a week alone to de-bone all the shirts, and not even counting about 4 loads of laundry to wash them.. Yuck! And then to figure out an easy pattern times 4.
But then today, I got bored again..
So I spotted extra wool over in the corner... Then saw a picture on a blog...
Then made this..






Put a piece of flannel on the back, and whoala! It's the cutest little table topper. A candle or something special will sit in the middle..
Pretty good for making up your own pattern. Took me less than an hour.

No comments: