Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quilting weekend..








We had a quilting weekend in Idyllwild this past weekend. Woke up to snow Sunday morning with a crisp 19 degrees outside. We took the picture about noon time, so ALOT of the snow was melted already on the porch. But everything was covered, it looked so pretty. There were 8 of us this time. We all did different stuff, sewed, scrapped, knitted, painted. We had "sew" much fun! hahaha. Within the last 2 weeks I think I have quilted at least 6 small quilts, a couple of table toppers or wall hangings and 2 bigger quilts. I think there are still more people need long arm quilting done. I have Friday night quilt at the Cottage tomorrow night, Sunday I have a tea in Fallbrook ( I get my friendship quilt) I am soo excited, I can't wait to see it. So... Christmas... I am soo not ready. I haven't done Christmas cards... Mark did outside lights... I haven't done anything inside... he brought the tree in... put it up... still not decorated... I have 1 more week of work... 5 work days..whoo-hooo, BUT... Kelly comes in next Saturday... I have the girls (Lolli and Mia) next Saturday also, soo I don't think much will get done, especially if I am given more quilts to work on this weekend. The snowman wall hanging, Marian made for me, I quilted it and added the embelishments. Isn't he adorable!!!

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Delightful post. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Idlewild. It has been years since I've rented a cabin (home) and spent the weekend quilting there. I'd love to do it again and would love to hear more about where you stayed. Maybe you can post more insights, or drop me an email.

I also love your snowman quilt. Very cute.

I hope you'll check out my virtual Christmas Quilt show and consider entering. But please be sure to check out the rules, if you want to win a prize. Random drawings will be held on December 25th, so plenty of time to enter.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

momtofatdogs said...

ah! a Quilting WEEKEND. WOW - right now I can remember when I got to sit & sew for just me! I hope I can change that in the next few weeks.

Don't feel bad about the decorations. My nieghbors must think I am a scrooge. I have NOTHING done for the holiday. Not one thing. Not even shopping.

M