Sunday, September 1, 2019

Barn door...

I bought this 5 panel door  at Laverty’s. It’s an antique store that is one of Joanna Gaines store that she shops at, that is only open like 3-4 times a year. They open once they have enough supply to sell, they go all over to accumulate their stock. Canton, Round Rock.... places like that.
Here is the 5 panel door that I started stripping.
Had at least 5 coats of paint and I’m sure the bottom 2 or 3 were lead paint. I put my mask on and got to work. Mark joined in on the fun. I warned him, once you start it’s hard to stop. It’s like when you get a bad sunburn and you peel.... you just can’t not leave it alone.
So we hung it last night.

Ordered the rollers on Amazon. We had the bar left over from the cabinet mark made before. The handle I got at Lowe’s after church today. 

There were 2 little cheesy doors here before with lovely gold hardware from the 80’s. 


Here is the view from kitchen side, also take note at new light above pantry door I had Mark install also last week. He is taking the day off today.... kinda, I don’t think he can go a FULL day without doing some kind of something.  



1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Where can I find one like him....